How To Change Your Lifestyle?
If you or your family have decided to make healthy life changes, Advance Research Development Solution with the guidance of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recognized diabetes prevention lifestyle change program seems right for you.
- ARDS Clinical Trials has some lessons, handouts, and other resources to help you make healthy changes.
- A lifestyle professional, who help you learn new skills, encourage you to set and meet goals, and keep you motivated. Also, he will facilitate discussions and help make the program fun and engaging.
- Familiarization with patient groups under the same medical conditions, either prediabetes or type 2 diabetes, the patients meetings help share new ideas, celebrate the successes achieved during the diet program and work together to overcome obstacles.
[contact-form-7 id="7" title="Contact form 1"]
ARDS Lifestyle Change Program
In the first time of the program:
- Add physical activity to your life, even if you don’t think you have time
- Deal with stress
- Cope with challenges that can derail your hard work—like how to choose healthy food when eating out
- Get back on track if you stray from your plan—because everyone slips now and then
In the second time of the program:
- The patient will enhance the skills, he can maintain the changes. These sessions will review key ideas such as tracking the food and physical activity, setting goals, staying motivated, and overcoming barriers.The diabetes patient may learn some new information, too.
Lifestyle Change Program Time Commitment
The program runs for 1 year.
- During the first 6 months of the program, you will meet about once a week.
- During the second 6 months, you’ll meet once or twice a month.
The patient may think that he learned enough in the first 6 months and can skip the second half of the program.
Making lifestyle changes is an ongoing process. Staying in the program for the full year is essential to help you stick to new habits and avoid slipping back into old habits. And if you have not reached your goals in the first half of the program, your lifestyle coach and other group members can help you succeed.